Add Image Search Words Activity
What will I be doing?
In this activity you will look at images and type words you would use to search for the image.
How will my service make a difference?
Adding search words to images will allow media professionals at the Church to find materials to use within Church products that will be distributed world wide. The Mormon Messages Channel on Youtube is one example of where this material might be used.
Sign In Now to get started.
How it works video
- Where do these images come from?
- Original images are submitted by volunteers in the “Contribute Photos” activity. Accepted submissions appear in the “Add Image Search Words” activity to be categorized and made more searchable.
- Where are these images being used?
- The images will become part of the LDS Media Library—a collection of images to be used by Church designers (in Church publications) and members (in lessons, websites, blog posts, etc).
- How does adding search terms help the Church?
- Adding search words helps make images easier to find in the LDS Media Library, and will help Church designers and members find appropriate media for their needs.
- Why am I adding search words when the photographer has already added them?
- Each image has search words added by multiple volunteers—including the contributor—to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- How many people are adding search words to each image?
- Each image has search words added by at least 5 volunteers.
- How many search terms should I add ?
- Add search terms for the main subjects depicted in the image. The number of search words will vary with each image, but typically 4-6 words is sufficient.
- What if I cannot think of any relevant search words—should I guess?
- If you are not familiar with the subjects in the image, or cannot think of any search words, click “Skip” and a new image will appear. The skipped image will be viewed and completed by other volunteers.
- Should I include adjectives as search terms?
- No. Avoid using adjectives to describe the photo. Instead, use nouns—names of places, events, buildings and other main subjects in the photo.
- Can I go back and add search words to an image I have already done?
- No. Once you have clicked on “Submit & Advance” you will not be able to return to that image.
- Is there a record kept of who submits each search word?
- Yes. The search word submissions are tracked, enabling the Church to contact those entering inappropriate words.
- What if I make a mistake—how do I delete an incorrect search word?
- Click the “X” to the right of the search word you want to delete.